REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Sept. 16, 2008 – Managed service providers (MSPs) reported a 34 percent increase in new business over the past 18 months from services related to virtualization, according to a survey conducted by Nimsoft Inc., the “Big 4” alternative for IT performance and availability monitoring solutions. The survey also indicated that approximately 57 percent of new business was driven by the adoption of new technologies such as virtualization, where clients lacked the internal skill set or resources to manage them in-house. Nimsoft recently conducted a worldwide survey of leading MSPs in more than 30 countries to identify key issues and trends driving the managed service industry.
Genesis Hosting Solutions, LLC was one of the first hosting providers to virtualize its entire IT infrastructure and offer customer-leased virtualized servers on the VMware ESX. “Our service delivery model is built on a completely virtualized infrastructure, enabling us to offer highly available, managed services with guaranteed service levels at a highly competitive price point,” said Eric Miller, CEO of Genesis Hosting Solutions. “As a business partner, Nimsoft has played a strategic role in enabling us to actively monitor and protect our virtualized infrastructure and client service level agreements. We even provide on-demand service level reporting to our customers so they can see in real-time the extraordinary service we are providing.”
When using Nimsoft for VMware, VMware administrators can bridge the virtual and physical with high visibility into the performance of their entire IT infrastructure. Nimsoft provides visibility into resource allocation and the performance of disk, memory, CPU, system data and virtual network I/O so administrators can quickly identify root causes of system disruptions. All information is analyzed against thresholds – established by business requirements – to deliver real time alarming and predictive performance of infrastructure and end user response times.
Nimsoft monitors the entire VMware ecosystem with over 80 critical health checkpoints including the:
• Underlying physical server hardware
• VMware ESX hosts, virtual machines (VMs)
• VM-hosted operating systems, i.e., Windows, Linux, Unix, Netware
• VM-hosted applications, i.e., Microsoft Exchange, Oracle and Microsoft IIS
• End user response times of VM-hosted applications
• The VMware Virtual Center Server
Nimsoft offers automation features that provide IT more control in monitoring VMware environments:
• Auto discovery – all ESX hosts, VMs, clusters and resource pools, all part of Nimsoft’s signature zero administration feature set.
• Triggers the VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) – to migrate VMs based upon issues that impact service level agreements and business-centric policies.
• Automated Alerting and Reporting of VMware Event Logs – to conducts searches according to key criteria within the VMware environment. IT managers may quickly distill relevant information to effectively pinpoint issues related to the VMware ESX hosts, VMs and Virtual Center in addition to physical resources.
Nimsoft has more than 170 MSP partners with 10,000 clients worldwide, who are typically mid-to-large scale enterprises with $10 million to $2 billion in revenue.
Nimsoft provides next generation performance and availability monitoring solutions for the complete physical and virtualized IT infrastructure. The Nimsoft solutions redefine the standards for ease of use and speed of deployment – providing outstanding return on investment and unparalleled customer satisfaction. Over 680 customers in 30 countries rely on Nimsoft solutions to monitor their IT based business applications and services. These customers include mid-market and global organizations, such as Barclays Capital and Amway Corporation, Bay Area Rapid Transit, Ladbrokes, MTU Aero Engines, TriNet, TRW Automotive, and hundreds of leading managed service providers such as CDW Berbee, Easynet and Rackspace Managed Hosting. For more information, visit www.nimsoft.com.